Happening this Week

19 Sep (Sun)
Group 16 - Duty Week
Report time: 10:00am, B2 Carpark

Monday, November 24, 2008

You are Heroes!

Hi everyone!

Asia Conference 08 is finally over and I am sure the ushering duties had stretched our faith and capacity over the event! Just want to let you read an email complimenting ushers for a great job done! Let's keep up the good attitude and service!

Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 15:27:39 +0800
Subject: Thank You Ushers - THe Unsung Heroes of Asia Conference

I'm not sure who to direct this mail, hence I'm sending it to you. (Are you still in charge of the ushers?)

I just want to say Big Thank You to all the ushers who have worked extremely hard during the Conference. Throughout the 5 days, my encounters with the ushers have been really pleasant. They are ever so helpful, always smiling, despite the difficult crowd at times.

There was once while I was queuing to enter the hall, when a group of upset foreign delegates were asking to be let into the hall. The door usher was a petite, young girl of not more than 18. She was pleasant yet firm, and was not daunted by the large crowd. Her gentle words of assurance and tact in handling the adults displayed much wisdom. I was really impressed.

Throughout the 5 days, more than the messages, the ushers' attitude truly impacted me. There are frequent incidences when ushers were reprimanded by members, delegates, greeters, yet they tried their best to be pleasant while getting their job done. I'm touched by the ushers, many of them are so young, their servanthood is really commendable.

We showcased many remarkable talents and programmes on stage during the Asia conference, but the church also showcased a great people with great attitude off-stage. That's why I sincerely think they are the unsung heroes. I would like to thank all of them for going the extra mile, I'm sure many echoed my sentiments.

Thank you ushers for going the extra mile, the conference was a remarkable success and a pleasant experience for attendees like me because of your hard word.

You guys are truly the unsung heroes of Asia Conference.

No comments:

Followers